Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blogging's Impact on Print Journalism

Hello,
My name is Tammie Vanderpool and I am a student in a Media & Society online class at College of the Canyons. This is my first blog experience, unless myspace.com is a blog website; and even then I don't really post any information about myself, except pictures.

Blogging has significantly impacted print journalism. I feel that there is both a positive and negative side to blogging. On one hand, it has given the freedom for normal, non-journalist, people to get their opinion out there. Since blogging can reach such a wide range of people and possibly millions of them, yes I do feel that it is an effective way to reach an audience.

On the other hand, they are mostly based on opinion and not fact with the possibility of mistakes; which can lead to confusion and misunderstandings. Blogging can be a credible source of information, but for me I would do my research and not trust everything I read.

I believe that blogging has and will open more doors for journalism; such as readers making their opinions more known.

2 comments:

Rhi said...

It is definitely wise to research anything that you would come across, not just the subject matter in blogs.

And I agree with you that blogging has and will keep opening doors for journalism. But what is your opinion on how that works? Such as building an audience or making oneself known as credible?

kristen said...

I agree with you that blogging has positive and negative effects. It is great that the average person can put their opinion out there, but it is just that, their opinion and it may not necessarily be credible. It is very smart to do your research before believing everything you are reading.