Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Research-Module 2

Blogging's Credibility http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2005/10/22/are_blogs_credible_news_sources.htm
Everyone has a different opinion on the credibility of blogging. For instance, for myself, I would of course trust the information on a CNN based blog; as much as one can trust mainstream news sources. The site I chose to do my research on exhibits the same feeling I have on the credibility of blogs.

Effectiveness of Blogs Reaching its Intended Audience
http://www.blogherald.com/2007/09/21/do-blogs-sell/
"The key is to use your blog as a vehicle to attract, inform, and build trust." As stated on this site, to attract and keep, you must build and keep the trust of your readers. As with any published or printed material, unless this happens to be the exact thoughts and opinions of certain readers, no matter how wrong, if it is not 100% accurate; they will find other sources and your blog will no longer have followers. If you can provide correct information, a blog is an excellent source of advertising whatever it is you're selling and has the potential to reach thousands and even millions.

Blogging's Influence on Journalism
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:efJjpX98S8sJ:blog.lib.umn.edu/blogosphere/weblog_journalism.html+blog+affect+on+journalism&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
According to the site I chose to research the impact on journalism, blogging will become an integrated part of journalism. Something mentioned on this site was that blogs allow for a live feed, which is a great advantage of blogging. Like I mentioned earlier, if the information is coming from a "credible" source, I will trust it. If it is someone's opinion, I will take it with a grain of salt.

No comments: